Student Visas

A UK Student Visa allows overseas students to enter and study in the UK. It permits study at all stages of the education system from primary and secondary level to post-graduate and vocational studies.

You must attain this visa before attending any course if you want to study in the UK.

Tier 4 (General) student visa

If you are an international student over the age of 18 who wants to study in a UK university, college or educational institute, you will need a Tier 4 (General) student visa.

All qualifications you wish to attain should be completed as quickly as possible as the time in the UK allowed by a Student Visa is strictly limited. This is usually a maximum of five years to complete a bachelor’s degree and master’s degree together.

Those who come to the UK to study at a degree level are required to pay overseas rates for university tuition. However, on completion of the qualification, the student is usually permitted to transfer to a Tier 2 (General) work permit visa without the need for the sponsoring employer to have sought a local resident candidate first.

Tier 4 (Child) student visa

The Tier 4 Student (Child) visa lets students under 17 years of age study full-time at any school or educational institution in the UK.

Contact us if you are thinking of studying in the UK, or if you have any questions.

Other UK immigration services

Want to know more? Read about other UK Visa options: